Elite gets called in for all sorts of emergency cleaning jobs. We do our best to get to our customers as soon as we can and most of the time we can fix the problem, but we thought you might appreciate a few tips on dealing with the commonest of issues. In this series of 3 articles, we cover a few of the main stains that cause the biggest problems. Here we’re talking about fruit juice
Removing fruit juice from carpet
What you need…
- Paper Towel or White Cotton Cloth
- Wool Detergent (eg. Softly)
- With a white cloth or white paper towel, blot as much of the stain as you can. The more you can soak up, the less you’ll have to remove.
- After you finish blotting, apply a small amount of cold water onto the stain. Doing this helps dilute what remains of the stain, making blotting a bit easier. Continue blotting until you find that no more of the stain will come out. Be careful not to over wet the affected area.
- Get a cup of water and add a teaspoon of Wool Detergent and teaspoon of vinegar. Dab the solution on to the stain and then, with the towel or paper towel, absorb the liquid starting at the outside of the stain moving into the middle. Be careful not to over wet the affected area.
- Sponge the area with cold water and blot dry with a white cloth or white paper towel. To help the area dry faster, point a fan directly at the stain.
- If the stain still remains call Elite ASAP