Removing Grease or Oil From Carpet
What you need…
- Paper Towel or White Cotton Cloth
- Dry Cleaning Fluid (White Spirit)
- Wool Detergent (eg. Softly)
- Blot or gently scrape up as much of the stain as you can.
- After you finish blotting, apply a small amount of dry cleaning fluid to the stain. Blot the area until you find that no more of the stain will come out. Be careful not to over wet the affected area.
- Get a cup of water and add a teaspoon of Wool Detergent and teaspoon of vinegar. Dab the solution on to the stain and then, with the towel or paper towel, absorb the liquid starting at the outside of the stain moving into the middle. Be careful not to over wet the affected area.
- Sponge the area with cold water and blot dry with a white cloth or white paper towel. To help the area dry faster, point a fan directly at the stain.
- If the stain still remains call Elite ASAP
Other stain removal tips…